Hepatitis is the viral infection of liver which is caused by different types of viruses that are-
- Hepatitis A
- Hepatitis B
- Hepatitis C
- Hepatitis D
- Hepatitis E
Hepatitis A is caused by HAV and the virus spreads when uninfected person eat food or water contaminated by faeces of infected person . the disease has strong link with the unhygiene and poor sanitation.
Hepatitis A in chronic state is not fatal and Unlike hepatitis B and C it does not cause chronic liver disease but its acute infection could sometimes lead to liver failure and that could be fatal.
Causes of hepatitis A
It is caused by the HAV virus that enters body via faecal-oral route which happens when-
- Uninfected person ingest food or water infected by faeces of infected person
- During floods
- Improper sanitation
- Food prepared by unhygienic hands
- Contaminated sewage
- Unhygienic oral sex
Symptoms of hepatitis A
The incubation period of hepatitis is about 14-28 days and symptoms can vary from mild to severe depending upon the severity of the disease and immunity of an individual.
Symptoms that appear during its infection are –
- Loss of appetite
- Abdominal pain
- Dark coloured urine
Diagnose of hepatitis A
- Serological test for antibodies detection
As per ayurveda liver is called yakrit and it is the main sthana (place) for pitta dosha (ranjak pitta) and agni (digestive fire) .Ranjak pitta helps in formation of rakta (blood) from rasa ( metabolised food) and agni helps in digestion of food.
Due to wrong food habits and life style pitta aggravates which then affects rakta formation and agni which will then lead to various disorders like hepatitis , cirrhosis and fatty liver etc, like problems .
The leading cause behind liver disorder in ayurveda is pitta dosha and agni and correction of these two helps in curing the disease.
In ayurvedic texts it is also mentiones that ppor sanitation and infected food and water affects agni and vitiate dosha in the body and leads to the manifestation of disease .
Methods to Treat Hepatitis A
As we have always heard that prevention is better than cure and this hepatitis disease can be controlled by taking proper preventive measures like-
- Safe and pure drinking water
- Safe sexual practices
- Maintain personal hygiene
- Keep your surrounding clean
- Avoid excessive food eating outside
Methods to treat hepatitis A
It can be treated by eating healthy diet and keeping proper care of hygiene , also should follow dincharya routine in order to increase immunity in the body.
- Avoid oily and heavy foods
- Avoid junk food items
- Include fruits like apple, bananas , cherries , oranges etc in your diet
- Eat vegetables like carrot , broccoli , cucumber , tomatoes .
- Avoid excess sugar like cakes , pastries , ice creams , soft drinks , etc.
- Drink more liquid and coconut water .
- Avoid taking caffeine in excess
- Quit alcohol
- Stop adding too much spices and salt in your food
- Add healthy spices to your food like dhaniya , fennel , cinnamon , cumin and hingu.
- Drink herbal tea
- Wash vegetables and fruits properly before eating
- Eat amla to boost up your immunity
- Consume food that is properly cooked and warm
Following this kind of diet will help in detoxification of body and will maintain agni state and will improve your immunity .
Life style modifications
- Keep your surroundings clean
- Maintain proper hygiene
- Brush your teeth properly
- Bath daily
- Wash your hands before eating
- Drink water empty stomach in the morning to detoxify body
- Maintain proper hygiene of the genital areas
- Avoid sharing utensils of the infected person
- Do regular yoga to boost your immunity and agni
- Avoid consuming liver toxic drugs or any antibiotic for longer period such as paracetamol which is liver toxic.
Ayurveda Treatment for Hepatitis A
Ayurvedic treatment is found to be very effective in patients suffering from Hepatitis A and has better results than other allopathic medicines .